Every hard disk is too small if you just wait long enough. TreeSize Free tells you where precious space has gone to.
TreeSize Free can be started from the context menu of a folder or drive and shows you the size of this folder, including its subfolders. You can expand this folder in Explorer-like style and you will see the size of every subfolder. Scanning is done in a thread, so you can already see results while TreeSize Free is working. The Explorer context menu is supported within TreeSize, as well as the usual drag & drop operations.
some of the feature Treview is:
· Visually track down disk usage and see the size of all folders including their subfolders and break it down to the file level.
· Several exporting and reporting possibilities: Printed report (showing the directory structure), Excel, HTML, XML, text file, clipboard. (Only Professional edition)
· Ability to save the collected data to an XML file and to load it again later.
· A saved XML file can be used to compare it against the current version of the file system branch. The difference between the two scans will be displayed and makes it easy to see which folders have grown.
· Statistics about file types, file owners and file ages on directory level.
· List of Top 100 biggest files.
· High performance through multithreading: Scan and view several folders at the same time, automatic adjustment of the number of threads that are used for a scan.
· See all details (size, allocated, wasted, percent, files) at a glance.
· The visible columns can be configured separately for the Details view, Excel export, HTML export, Text export and printed reports. A lot of optional columns are available.
· A shell extensions is included that adds an additional column with the caption “TreeSize” to the Windows XP/2003 Explorer that is showing the size not only for files but also for folders.
· 3D pie and bar charts, as well as a hierarchical tree map can be displayed or printed.
· The contents of a directory can be printed, including all files and the corresponding icons.
· The integrated multi-path file search helps you to find and archive the largest, oldest, obsolete and temporary files, e.g. invalid shortcuts or files owned by a non existent account.
· Duplicate File Search with MD5 checksums and the possibility to deduplicate files
· A fully customizable file search is available too.
· The search results can be exported, moved, zipped or deleted or passed to an executable as paramter.
· Ability to scan folders to which the current user does normally not have access to.
· A list of all files in the scanned file system branch can be exported.
· Small folders can be removed from the tree to have a better overview.
· Command line options allow scheduled scans. Am integrated wizard helps you to set up scheduled scans. (Only Professional edition)
· Help file and printable manual.
· And much more …